This is one of the easiest soup recipes I’ve found. It’s perfect for a cold night when you’re already starving the minute you walk in the door. Basically all you have to do is pour, stir, and heat. But it still tastes rich and fancy! (And it’s even better leftover…)
Here’s what you need (slightly modified from this recipe):
- 1 package (9 ounces) cheese tortellini (you can find this in the dairy section, usually next to the cheeses)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
Alright. So all you have to do is cook the tortellini according to the directions on the package. While you’re waiting for the water to boil, add everything else to a large Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. When the tortellini is ready, add it to the pot and heat a few minutes longer or until everything is as hot as you want. Serve into bowls and top with additional parmesan cheese.
It serves bout 8-10 people and there’s 245 calories per cup.