Hello y’all and happy Friday! Welcome to Jane About Town! I’ll assume you’re new here since this is my very first post. I’m new here too, and I’m a little nervous about this whole blog thing but I thought I’d take a stab at it. As a way for the
embarrassingly few throngs of readers out there to get to know me a little better (even the ones I already know), I thought I’d start by sharing a little bit about myself. What better way to do that than to delve into the deepest, darkest secrets of a woman’s most personal of items… her purse! So, what can’t I leave the house with besides the obvious (cell phone, keys, wallet)? Let’s see!
1. Coozie. I can’t be sure of it, but my Sociology 101 skills tell me that these things are more popular in the South, so being the model of a Southern Belle that I am (ha!), I’ve always got one on me. You just never know when you’ll encounter your next cold beverage.
2. Matchbook. No, I am not a smoker (or a pyro) but I sometimes go into worst-case-scenario mode and think up all the ways I could be stranded in the middle of nowhere and boy, wouldn’t I really want some matches then? This habit was also perpetuated by a former roommate who liked to collect them and got me into the habit of grabbing them whenever possible. They’re like free souvenirs!
3. Blue Chapstick. That’s the kind with sunscreen. I’m not much for lip balms, lip glosses, or lipsticks on a daily basis (or ever, really) but this thing is the essential of the essentials in terms of my purse contents. I’ve tried the fancy kinds (sorry Burt’s Bees fanatics), but they just aren’t the same. It’s smooth and never sticky and that’s why I love it. Oh, and not to brag or anything, but once I actually finished a whole stick before losing it!
4. Piggy flashlight. Just like that one in the picture. My mom gave me this guy years ago and he’s still going strong. He’s been quite the lifesaver many times (turns out cell phones don’t always make the best flashlights) and he’s just so darn cute!
5. Tervis Tumbler. I am obsessed with these things. If I could afford it, I would replace every cup in my house with one. If you don’t own one, go buy one asap. Instead of a mug of coffee every morning, I use the Tervis. And now that I’ve gotten a travel lid, I can be seen going back and forth to work each day with my trusty tumbler.
6. Tweezerman tweezers. Too many times have I been horrified at the sight of the 25 stray eyebrow hairs I missed while glancing in a public bathroom or a dressing room mirror to go without these in my purse. Now, I’m not usually a brand name diva (Blue Chapstick and Tervis loyalties excluded) but Tweezeman tweezers seem to always be able to get out that one little hair that hasn’t even grown in yet. But I’ll be damned if they aren’t sharp too… careful or you’ll poke your eye out!
Well, there you have it. Pretty much everything you need to know about me, right? I hope you’ll come back for more… I’ll be here!